Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY Modge Podge Tray

Don't you just love feeling accomplished?  I know I do.  This project is very fun, easy, and takes very little time to complete. And you will feel accomplished.

Here is the original picture I pinned:


The tutorial comes from: Maggie Rose Interiors.

She used fabric on her trays.  I decided to use scrap paper. 

I started with a tray I had gotten from a family member. They were going to throw this away.


  • I added some regular latex paint. I get all my paint at Lowes from their clearance rack. They usually mark paint 75%-90% off at the store here for mistinted paint. 
  • I waited 24 hours for paint to dry.
  • I cut my scrap paper to fit the tray.
  • I then modge podged paper to tray. I used 3 coats of modge podge.
  • After modge podge dried, I sprayed with Miniwax Polycrylic.


Here is the before and after.

I think it turned out very well.



 

 




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment